We’re looking for an engineer to join our experienced and talented technology team. The growing team is responsible for all the vital backend infrastructure for all our clients’ web applications and sites.
We're looking for an engineer to join our experienced and talented technology team, on-site in our Guildford studio. The growing team is responsible for all the vital backend infrastructure for all our clients' web applications and sites.
We primarily develop in Ruby on Rails, however that is not a prerequisite for this role. We are looking for really smart people with solid general programming skills, as we believe that clever engineers can pick up new languages quickly. Our collaborative working environment will also help you pick up any new languages with ease.
You should be capable of working on all aspects of the software development cycle from architecture, coding and testing through to deployment. Initially you'll be pair-programming with a senior engineer building products in Ruby on Rails.
We are not set on you having specific skills. It would however be beneficial if you have some experience in the following. But if you don't, we're happy to train the right candidate:
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails (or other MVC development platform)
- PostgreSQL / MySQL / Linux
- Git / Github
- Test Driven Development / Rspec
- Agile development methodologies including Scrum & code reviews
- Experience of delivering projects
- Understanding of object oriented design
- Ability to debug issues and solve problems effectively
We need a talented engineer who wants to be a long-term part of our business — not just an employee!
Dependent on experience.
- Flexible working hours
- Pension contributions
- Subsidised gym membership
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown + birthday (if a week day)
- + additional days holiday based on number of years of service
- We'll pay to send you to various conferences, events, and training days
- Regular company social events
- Cycle to work scheme