We are hiring for the role of Senior UX Designer. If you have an unbridled desire to put the user at the heart of every decision then this could be the job for you!
We believe that a well-designed interface is a thing of beauty, whether that is a website or mobile app — but unlike some agencies, we are equally focused on the aesthetic and technical aspects too. For us, it's all about clear, usable design and using the most up-to-date technologies to create great user experiences.
We have worked hard to achieve our reputation over the past 15 years, and whether we're working for entrepreneurs, startups or global blue-chip corporations, we apply the same levels of thought, care and attention to detail.
You will be a vocal champion of the user in the design process, and keen to evangelise the benefits of user-centred design both internally and externally.
You should be energetic and confident in client-facing scenarios and happy to lead meetings and host UX workshops.
Some of the expected job tasks are:
- Liaising with clients to understand project aims
- Working with the wider team on competitor analysis
- Conducting and analysing user interviews and customer surveys
- Performing usability testing, and utilising associated software
- Information architecture and sitemaps
- Developing user personas and mapping out user journeys
- Creating product prototypes
- Monitoring and analysing user feedback and activity
- Iterating design concepts to enhance the user experience
- Working closely with the wider design team to develop great user experiences
- Liaise with developers to integrate user-centred design thinking into their work
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and thinking
Standard working hours are 9am – 6pm although we do offer a degree of flexibility. You can start work earlier or later as you see fit, as long as you make up the hours. A number of staff like to start at 8am and finish at 5pm. The nature of the work sometimes requires that we put in additional hours to complete deadlines, but as a rule, we try to avoid this as we all appreciate the importance of time away from work.
Salary: Dependent on skill and experience.
Pension: We offer a company pension scheme (Group SIPP), in which Kyan currently matches employee contributions up to 3% gross salary.
Holidays: 20 days + birthday (if it falls during the working week). In addition, we usually close down between Christmas and New Year (up to 10 working days). Additional days of holiday based on number of years of service.