We’re looking for a software engineer with over 3 years of experience delivering mobile or web applications to join our growing, experienced and talented technology team. We are looking for smart people with solid general programming skills; we know that strong developers pick up new languages quickly.
Even though we are not set on you having specific skills, it would however be beneficial if you have some experience in the following (but if you don’t, we’ll train you):
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails (or other MVC development platform)
- PostgreSQL / MySQL / Linux
- Git / Github
- Test Driven Development / Rspec
- Agile development methodologies including Scrum & code reviews
- Experience of delivering projects
- Understanding of object oriented design
- Ability to debug issues and solve problems effectively
- Curious to learn, constantly looking to improve your skills and that of your team-mates.
- Positive and enthusiastic; someone who enjoys what they do and enjoys working alongside others
- Self-motivated and driven to be better at your role than you are today
Based on experience.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday
- Additional days holiday for years of service
- Flexible working hours
- Self-managed training budget
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pension scheme
- Conferences and events
- Regular company social events (cinema trips, pub trips, seasonal parties, quizzes, clubs, etc..)
How to Apply
Send us your CV (no more than 2 pages) and a covering note to email@example.com. Please ensure you include links to an online portfolio (if you have one), any web applications you’ve created, and/or your Github/Google Code account.