We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our expanding team to help build the data strategy and to design and plan the data structure for a diverse range of technology led projects.
Key areas of responsibility
- Design and develop effective database structures and warehouses
- Evaluate sources of information to determine and understand possible limitations in reliability or usability
- Maintain data security and integrity
- Setup data monitoring
- Be an advocate for data best practice within the team
- Ensure continuous improvement through new technology adoption and process
- Write code to help support the data processes
- The ability to prioritise multiple workflows
- The ability to remain positive and calm in times of pressure
- Great communications
- A team player
- A self starter
- Driven to learn
- 5+ years of experience in designing and building modern software
- A deep understanding of data modelling techniques
- Knowledge of data warehousing
- Knowledge of relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Strong SQL skills
- A software/data engineering background
- Expertise in modern data tools such as Snowflake, Redshift, etc
- Open source and Linux/macOS data tool experience
Dependent on experience.
- Flexible working hours and options for remote working
- Pension contributions
- Subsidised gym membership
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- We'll pay to send you to various conferences, events, and training days
- Personal autonomous training budget
- Regular company social events
- Cycle to work scheme
We’ve worked really hard to build our inclusive team culture and although we’re all very different people, we’re united by three simple values.
- Generosity; be excellent to one another
- Geekiness; know your stuff
- Drive; get shit done.
If you think you have got what it takes please send in your CV, your LinkedIn profile and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Kyan we are fully committed to building an open and inclusive culture and celebrate our differences. We will support you however you identify, wherever you come from and we recognise a strong team is a diverse team.