We’re looking for a dedicated finance professional with a passion for detail and accuracy to support our Head of Finance in the smooth running and ongoing development of Kyan’s finance function at an exciting time for our award-winning agency.
In this varied role you will play an essential part in delivering excellent business support on day-to-day financial matters across the agency and be the go to person for the team’s financial queries.
This is a part time opportunity, working 24 hours per week in a fully hybrid working environment. We’re supportive of different working patterns, so how you’d like to work your hours can be discussed and agreed as part of the hiring process.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Manage all bookkeeping requirements, including the processing/posting of all financial transactions and bank reconciliations
- Prepare weekly revenue forecast reports using systems data - and working with Client Services to ensure forecasts are accurate
- Regularly monitor aged debtors and partner with Client Services to recover overdue accounts
- Monitor timesheet postings across the agency on a weekly basis - and partner with relevant departments to address missing and misallocated timesheets
- Support Head of Finance in preparing analysis of staff utilisation and recovery reports
- Weekly supplier payment run
- Review, approve and pay expenses
- Support Head of Finance with delivering month end and preparing associated Board Pack
- Review overhead costs on a monthly basis
- Support Head of Finance in new system implementations as and when necessary
- Support Head of Finance with HR/Payroll related responsibilities which fall within the finance function
- Be the first point of contact for finance queries
- Any other duties as necessary and appropriate to this role
- At least 4 years experience working in a similar position
- Great interpersonal skills
- Highly organised
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written and presentation)
- Strong excel and finance systems experience and knowledge
Nice to have
- Tech/creative agency experience
- Experience in system implementation
- Experience using Xero
- Experience working closely with other departments to support revenue forecasting
Indicators of success
- Head of Finance able to step away from the day to day bookkeeping / transactional tasks
- Accurate and timely bookkeeping, particularly in readiness for month close
- Accurate and well presented reporting delivered on time
- Become the go to person within the business for all finance support
Hours & Salary
- 24 hours per week
- £32k pro-rata per annum
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid working environment
- Self-managed training budget
- Pension scheme
- Regular company social events (cinema trips, pub trips, seasonal parties, etc..)
- Massages at Kyan HQ!
We’ve worked really hard to build our team culture. And although we’re all very different people, we’re united by three simple values.
Generosity; be excellent to one another
Geekiness: know your stuff
Drive; get shit done.
If you think you have what it takes please send us your CV and a covering note to email@example.com
At Kyan we are fully committed to building an open and inclusive culture and celebrate our differences. We will support you however you identify, wherever you come from and we recognise a strong team is a diverse team.